Friday, July 15, 2011

Turquoise and Fossil

FIRE OPAL AMMONITE.............


I love these........
Fire Opal Cleoniceras Ammonite .
So smooth, like glass ......and iridescent like an opal.
But these were once alive and became extinct with the dinosaurs.
Now a fossil.


Big chunky turquoise beads with lots of brown,


More of those antique agate beads,
I only have a few left, I love the color varigations.
I need to find more of them!


On one side a piece of a trade bead, still nice even though broke,
on the other a bead with similar color.
I put the closure on the side and made it so it is adjustable.
It can be worn as a choker, with extra chain hanging down
or longer if you wanted to wear it with other pieces.
  
Turquoise and Fossils.........two of my favorite things!
                                                         

7 comments:

  1. Were we sisters in another life??? You have shared the elements of my existence in a beautiful piece of jewelry...I love fossils and anything Native American...so tribal, yet simple Earth elements become OUTSTANDING!!! I have simply got to get my butte in gear before the holidays(ewwww)arrive!!!

    But alas, my mini-tiller has arrived, so guess where I'll be all day Sunday in the sweltering heat n humidity of Iowa...you guessed it...sigh!

    Have a sunny weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous, Gayle! I love turquoise and fossils too, not very hard to guess! :)
    I'm sure you will get loads of compliments when you wear it!
    Have a great weekend!,
    Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the antique agate. I can't wait to see the entire piece. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa! What a cool fossil. I LOVE opal and that is just so gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful these are!!! And I'm so glad I can finally leave a comment. What a pain. Haven't wanted to post again until I can answer comments.
    Thanks for welcoming me back.
    hugs,
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live the rich color play....pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful...thank you for your sweet comment. One of our highest compliments.

    Deb @ Garden Party ;)

    ReplyDelete