Sunday, April 17, 2011

MAD HATTER PINCUSHION


Working on some sewing projects today ...........


Using this "pincushion" I made last year.


"Sewing Nuns"


Fraternal Pins


No Words Necessary


I think I made this shortly after I saw Alice In Wonderland.


I think there's a little "Hatter" in all of us.


"Do you think I've gone round the bend?"
"I'm afraid so. You're mad, bonkers, completely off your head. But I'll tell you a secret.....
All the best people are."

-Lewis Carroll  (Alice in Wonderland)






3 comments:

  1. So nice to know I'm one of the 'best people' as I've gone so far around the bend that I'm now watching myself making the turn. Love the pincushion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so how I describe me...'round the bend'...I'm totally luvin this pin cushion chair idea...now, I'm taking it one step further...I have these TO DIE FOR Victorian chairs that are missing the seats(springs)but still have the wood bottoms in them...how cool to cut a top to fit, put hinges on it so it lifts and make the whole seat a pin cushion and it's on casters to boot...girl you stirred the juices...ha!

    I just dragged an old metal base cabinet up from the basement, one that used to be in the kitchen...GEESH...I need more storage for my growing soap biz and this gives me more counter and places to hide the crap that's laying all over the place...no exaggeration there either!!!

    Now I'm waiting for the paint to dry...do we ever stop...hope not!!!

    Have a good one!

    s

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharons comment about using chairs with casters
    is a good idea. It can be a bit prickly picking the chair up to move it!

    ReplyDelete