Friday, April 15, 2011

BOTTLE TREES AND BLOOMS

TRILLIUM........

Worked outside all day today, clearing a new spot for a future project. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a clump of Trilliums on the edge of the woods. With their three clear white petals they always remind me of the Trinity. So perfect that they make their appearance at Easter time.


BLEEDING HEART........
                                                                              

This is the first of my bleeding hearts to come up. Still not much color but it's coming. So it's a good thing I
have my...................................................................................

 BOTTLE TREES!!.........        
      


I love my bottle trees!! I have two smaller ones but I am hoping to get a larger one made this year.
bottle trees were originally mostly a Southern thing I think. But now can be found almost anywhere.  It was "believed" that the bottles would attract and trap evil spirits. The only way the spirits could get out would be for the bottle to break



   
ALSO.......I want to say thanks to Joy for the mention on her blog . I was perusing the comments left on another  blog and saw HER comment.......her blog name is almost the same as mine so I clicked on over and introduced myself. She is in Canada, has a space in an antique mall, and is a lover of vintage . Check her out!


1 comment:

  1. So cold and dreary this Saturday morning in Iowa, my furnace is back on ARGH...and I anxiously await the sun! I'm sure my chicks are ready to fly the coop again and play and scratch in the sun.

    No flowers yet for me, but sprouts are shooting ever higher!!!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete