Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thinking Southwest Thoughts

TURQUOISE.... AGATE....BRASS....STEEL 


Finished this just this morning...............................................



A piece of vintage saltillo.......... wire wrapped.........


Religious key....and medal

I used to think I had to use only vintage, or make my own closures for my jewelry. The problem with that can be finding the perfect vintage piece at the time you need it, and if you do happen upon it there's always the decision......use it?... save it?......will I ever find one like it again??? If making your own .....the price of silver is a bit steep right now.  I am still picky, still prefer to use vintage or make my own, but at the moment I am really liking using these chunky closures in the Industrial Chic line. I love the industrial look of them, and as an added bonus they are really easy to use .

I think this is my last piece for a while, I am ready to get out and scratch around in the dirt! 

( I still have sun and tequila on my mind!!!)

2 comments:

  1. Just beautiful... being a Southwest Babe I appreciate Southwestern Art *winks*... and that Religious Key is so unique, LOVE it! I prefer to use Vintage or Antique pieces in my Jewelry designs too but alas, they are getting harder to come by now that a lot of folks are using repurposed pieces in their Art. I remember when you could get Vintage Jewelry or damaged pieces for a song... *smiles*

    Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally loving this piece too, especially with the size of the clasp, it really adds to the piece, but I love anything with turquoise in it, it just looks Native/primal to me. I'm trying to find inspiration...and the time to work on some pieces...but that ol' thrill of Springtime is luring me into my yard as well, could use some heat though!!!

    sharon

    ReplyDelete