Tuesday, December 13, 2011

MOVING ON

She gets a New Life..............

Recently I have been taking apart some jewelry
that I made a few years ago. Things that didn't sell,
that I never finished ,or that just needed a makeover! 

This tintype was once part of a different necklace,
one that couldn't have been more different.
It was pretty blingy.......... think old rhinestones, that type of thing.
I think mixing it with these vintage trade beads
is an interesting pairing.

"Camouflage"
                                                                 

5 comments:

  1. Wow! I have a few of those of long dead ancestors and have often pondered on making a necklace. You are such an inspiration! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, works great with the African beads! Don't you love re-making forgotten pieces of jewelry, giving them a new life?
    I need to re-make some stuff too... maybe over my winter break...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you found my blog so I could find yours! BTW I think she's absolutely wonderful! And I love your jewelry! Besides both being avid junquers *winks* It seems we're almost neighbors too! Vanna/your newest follower

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your reworked necklace with the tintype. Just beautiful. Now why didn't I ever think of that??? Probably because I don't make much jewelry. Isn't that your own memory jug the necklace is hanging on? Laurie Zuckerman

    ReplyDelete