Friday, August 5, 2011

Mine to care for ....For a while....

Native American ............

Native American smoke tanned leather bag..........
with beadwork....... and deer toes.

Smudge mark on the back......
where it was blessed by George Kicking Woman



Small beaded amulet bag...........

Also blessed.......

Upside down Raven.............................
Artist.......Steve Wofford  

I have a feeling I will be wearing these two pieces together 
A LOT......................

Artist..... Steve Wofford


Beautiful things, I am so honored to have these
to protect and care for..........for a time.
(we are not pharaohs.....we do not take it with us)

I purchased these from Terri at Frost Creek.....it is my understanding that she will
be dispursing more of her collection in the coming weeks.
If this is your "kind of thing"
you might want to watch for her to list  them. 
(Not sure, but I think she only ships USA) 

Thanks Terri!!!
  




                                                          

9 comments:

  1. Just : WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW... tis all I have to say... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, what she said!!! I have a Two Grey Hills Navajo rug that I'll cherish for a time, then pass on to my daughter. I had an artist friend when I lived in Colorado who would make regular trips to the reservation to buy rugs. I asked her to bring me one that spoke to her...beautiful grey, cream and maize zig zag mountain shapes grace this beautiful rug that I will cherish as long as I am.

    Great collection girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magnificent pieces!!! Lucky Girl... now I shall have to head on over and take a gander at what is left... *winks*

    Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the Raven!

    I will try your suggestion about signing out of my Blog to try to leave a comment on the Blogs I am having trouble with!

    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be still my heart. These are what I call real statement pieces to be worn and loved.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Extraordinary. You are blessed to have such things come to you. They obviously found the right home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by... the house does seem oddly quiet now that the G-Kids have started School again *Winks*... more Nap time and special time together for The Man and I to savor though... and Socially it is wonderful for them too since our neighborhood doesn't have a lot of younger children. I think they and us have conflicted feelings about it... on the one hand it offers all of us benefits... but you are right, we do miss them & look forward to our special times together as well. As a Custodial G-Parent I'm just not endowed with as much patience & stamina as when we were raising our own Children, so at times I need the respite their time away from Home affords us. And actually they both Love School but just had the 1st Day Jitters.

    Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pieces are great:) The will look awesome wearing them together too.
    ~Debra xxx
    Capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am the artist who made the amulet bag with the triangle flap for Steve Wofford in the late 1980's. What a shock to see it on your blog! Keep it welll, its a special piece.

    ReplyDelete