Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The Tallest ........

AND THE DIRTIEST MEMORY JUG EVER............(at least in my collection)


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This jug appears to me to be quite old, which reminds me.......
lately I have seen a jug or two on Ebay that
the seller has described as old, or as
coming from an estate sale.
A couple of these I questioned as to whether they
really were as old as the seller was saying.
One actually looked fairly new to me.
I am certainly no expert, but just wanted to pass along a
warning to be careful, look the jug over closely if you are
thinking of buying and age is a factor in
whether you want to purchase the jug or not.
  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. These are so unique... I never saw one until you posted about them....I know...you have to be careful buying anything on line.... good advice Gayle... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't see these jugs in the UK, just plates with fragments of coloured china and doll's heads applied with cement. Luckily it is quite easy to tell the age of these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL about the Ebay definition of 'Old', sometimes it could depend on which side of Thirty the Seller is standing on, huh? *Winks* Your Memory Jug, as always, is Magnificent. I've pulled an 'Old' {by the Gramma Age Standard, Winks} Pottery Pitcher from my Showroom that I plan to experiment with my first attempt at doing a Memory Jug Style exterior on. I always love the Bronzed Patina you Create on yours, is that a rub or a spray paint? Or is that a Trade Secret that if you told me you'd have to kill me? *Smiles* I always Enjoy your Creations so much... Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  4. She also appears quite tall...
    and she appears to be the most splendid of ARTifcts.
    I wish I could be an over-the-fence friend
    rather than the sort of friend I appear to be...(sigh)
    Love you♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right now a days you have to know your stuff if you are about to purchase as old. The good thing about the memory jars are some items would be hard to pull off as new, If someone used nothing but vintage items to make a new jar they may consider that old......but it's not.
    I love this one it is very interesting. Good hunting, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gayle, I came by to return the blog visit and thank you for taking the time to comment on mine. I have to say that's a very interesting piece! It's the kind one could study for hours and still find something new.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just had to say hellooooooo.....x

    ReplyDelete