Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Kneedeep In Half Done

Amber Tintype Necklace


One of my New Years resolutions was to dig out all unfinished projects and "get er done!"
The silver bezel on this necklace was a class project from a silver smith class I took. (don't ask when)       
This has been sitting on my workbench waiting for inspiration.  THEN in my stocking last Christmas
I found this amber colored antique bead and it all started coming together. I finally finished it last week.
I have been toying with the idea of pouring ICE RESIN over the top of the tintype to protect it. My concern is that it would give a glossy look to the tintype.  Have you ever used ICE RESIN? Any advice?





1 comment:

  1. Looks like some things are worth waiting for, I think the necklace turned out delicious.

    ReplyDelete